I have found there are things that are very difficult to do after a death in your pet family.
1. Don't go to a petstore where you liked to buy treats. I cannot describe the emotions that go through you.
2. Don't be the first one home after work. Those loving pets won't be there to greet you.
3. Most of all, don't do these 2 htings on the same day. You will be a mess.
The hard things to do include:
1. Putting away the food dish.
2. Figuring out what to do with the collar.
3. Putting away the favorite toys.
The thing that isn't hard to do - giving your surviving pet(s) all the love you have. They are grieving, too.
The thing you must do if you have surviving pets - take lots and lots and lots of pictures.