Wednesday, November 7, 2012
7 Things about Parker and Maggie
I promised my homey @cathykeisha that I would do her 7 things post. Make sure you go see hers, http://www.stunningkeisha.com/. She is an amazing complex cat, and I am proud to call her Homey!
7 things about Parker:
1. His breeder had 2 litters of kittens at the same time. He only had one sister, and aren't they adorable at 6 weeks old?
2. Parker has to have a clean litter box. So, when mom realized he would be a big brute, she got him a concrete mixing tray. As soon as it was filled with litter, Parker jumped in laid flat on his belly, and got the big grin while he looked around. He had a cartoon bubble above his head that said, "mine, all mine".
3. Parker lays on mom's pillow and makes a nest in her neck. He gets his claws trimmed every couple of weeks. Go figure.
4. Parker's favorite toys are: springs and boinks and kragonfly from BabyPatches. A straw from CircleK will do in a pinch. His fave thing is to put the toy in mom's purse and dig it out. Most times he leaves it in the purse for her tofind later.
5. When Parker was 9 months old, he let a 2 year old girl play wiht him and never hurt her. However, he was visibly absent when she arrived the next day.
6. Parker is very intuitive about people's moods. When mom is upset, he lays on her lap. this is Momma's Day 2012.
7. There are some human foods mom lets him have: green olives and pimentos, canned mushrooms, lunch meat, turkey on thanksgiving, and sometimes chicken.
7 things about me, Maggie:
1. I was a singlet and my momma couldn't take care of me since the cattery was crazy. So, I was bottle fed. Because of that, I didn't have the protection of clostrum, and I got conjunctivitis. Luckily, I can see fine in my left eye, but my nasal passages are scarred. I occasionally get nasal gunk, and I sneeze green snot on mom. This is my momma, not me. she's a champion kat.
2. I am very shy and tolerate Dad, Aunt Denise, and the neighbor. I love mom, Nice Grandma, Grandpa, and Niece Molly. I never show up at family gatherings.
3. I could have been a show cat, but my tail got kinked probably from a dog walking on it. I have so much fluff you can't tell. My tail is about 18" long!
4. My coloring is described as dilute blue tortiseshell with a split face. And, I have the Tortie-tude to go with it! Just ask Parker. Mom says it is just vocabulary, and even I admit I have never drawn blood.
5. I am really tired of Parker's attitude about boxes, carboard or litter. Even if we had 10, he still wouldn't let me use any. What a prima donna.
6. If there is anything to sit on, you can bet I will be there!
7. My human food choices are black beans, canned mushrooms, lunch meat, turkey on thanksgiving, and sometimes chicken.
BONUS FACTOIDS! OUR NAMES EXPLAINED!
Mom is a big Steely Dan fan. So, we were both named after someone in their songs.
My (Maggie) registered name is Coonbitztky Sugar Redox. The first is the cattery. The second is because everyone at the cattery called her sweetie. And Redox is a chemistry geek thing. Redox is a reaction where there is a loss and gain of electrons. Mom figured that the cattery's loss was her gain. Duh.
Maggie is from the Steely Dan song, "Peg". Peg is a nickname for Margaret as is Maggie.
Parker's registered name is Tanstasfl Parker Chromium VI. Again, cattery name, parker, and chemical related factoid related to redox; chromium in the VI oxidation state is red.
Parker is from Parker's Band which refers to Charlie Yardbird Parker, an inovative Bebop alto sax player.
Thanks everyone for playing!